Rate Strategy, Revenue Management & Distribution
We offer industry expertise in: Rate Strategy, Revenue and Yield Management practices, packaging and Distribution.
We understand rate management "best practice" in order to gain market share through the following methods:
- Establishment of correct property "Rate" levels ensuring rate parity and rate integrity of your rates in the market place.
- Set up and implementation of Dynamic Pricing to maximize occupancy and room revenue.
- Revenue Management through the implementation of 13 month forecasting models.
- Web site booking engine, utilising live inventory and rates - 24/7 selling.
- E-commerce - effective inventory and rate distribution worldwide via 3rd party on-line channel managers - i.e. - i.e. Wotif, lastminute.com, needitnow.com, ratestogo.com, etc.
Global Distribution Systems (GDS)
How does it work?
- GDS (Global Distribution System) reaches 300,000+ IATA registered travel agents powered by four networks: Sabre, Amadeus, Worldspan and Galileo; the same reservations systems used to connect with the airlines. Similarily used by hotels to attract corporate bookings via corporate travel agents.
- Pegasus ODD (Online Distribution Database) connects 100’s of Internet travel portals or OTA's (online travel agents) such as Orbitz, TravelNow, Expedia, and Hotwire.
Your property’s information including rates and inventory are loaded into both the GDS and ODD networks. From here, many online travel portals retrieve your property information and display it in the search results. Travel agents primarily log into one of the four GDS systems to retrieve your property information. Furthermore, many online travel portals also retrieve your property information from one of these four systems e.g. Travelocity exclusively retrieves your property information from Sabre.
Why do I need the GDS / ODD connection for my property?
The GDS / ODD system is used by travel agents and online customers all over the world to book rooms directly to your hotel. This module will promote your property globally 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Furthermore, it will create incremental business opportunities for you that would be much harder to handle without this connection.
What does it cost me?
Pricing for the GDS / ODD integration is a low-cost application based on an initial set-up fee, a very small monthly minimum charge, and per transaction fees. Please contact us for more details and information.
How long does it take to set up the connection?
We automatically scan all of the information on your property and set it up on your behalf. This online scan captures all of the “static” information about your property such as facilities and amenities and pictures which feeds your information to the GDS and ODD networks; this is a one-time process. Secondly, you will be given a login to manage the number of rooms you want to allocate and set the rates on an ongoing basis. Your property can be loaded onto the 4 GDS engines instantly but it can take 3-5 weeks for you information to fully propagate through to all of the OTA websites.
Do I need to make changes to my website to be able to connect to the GDS?
No, you do not need to make changes to your website; the integration takes place seamlessly behind the scenes.
How do I get the GDS connection?
Simply contact Hemisphere by email on: email@example.com
Global and local distribution of your hotels inventory and rates is paramount to ensure a successful operation.
We partner with the industry's leading distribution specialists to bring you the most sophisticated systems at the best possible value.